- 1 New Features In Deadline 4.1.43205 (Released September 14, 2010)
This is primarily a maintenance release that adds a few minor features and fixes some bugs. Support for Cinema 4D 12 and Houdini 11 is also included in this release. If you are already running Deadline 4.1, you do not need a new license for this maintenance release.
Continue reading for a complete list of improvements and bug fixes.
General Improvements and Bug Fixes
- An integrated submission script installer tool is now shipped with Deadline. You can find this tool in the Scripts menu in the Deadline Monitor.
- The Repository installer now installs all necessary Windows bin files (it was missing 2 before, but they were already covered by the Client installer).
- The Repository Setup Wizard that runs at the end of the Repository installation now properly saves the settings in the Repository Options.
Monitor Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Search boxes now only filter data after the Enter key is pressed. This eliminates the lag involved when searching through thousands of jobs.
- Error and Log report viewers should no longer scramble unicode characters.
- Modifying Options no longer causes the columns in the lists to be reinitialized. This would cause a delay as everything refreshed.
- Fixed a regression that prevented the Filter windows from being dragged by their label.
- Fixed an IndexOutOfRangeException error in the Power Management options.
Slave Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Stalled Slave reports now include which user submitted the job that the slave was working on when it became stalled.
Pulse Improvements and Bug Fixes
- The PulseUtils.GetPulsePoolNames() and PulseUtils.GetPulseGroupNames() web service API functions no longer return empty lists.
Power Management Improvements and Bug Fixes
- When a slave is shutdown due to temperature, it is now reflected in the Status Message column of the slave list in the Monitor.
New Plugin Support / Improvements
- 3ds Max
- Deadline can now render with instances of 3ds Max 2009 and 2010 that have hotfix 2010.06.08 applied. Previously, the job would crash while 3ds Max was loading.
- Increased the Raycaster Mem. Limit's maximum in the 3dsmax tab in the Job Properties window. Before, it was capped at 4096.
- SMTD (Submit Max To Deadline) Script Improvements:
- Fixed an error that would occur when submitting the Transfer job for a remote submission.
- After Effects
- Font synchronization on OSX is now done using rsync, which properly maintains resource forks when copying the fonts over.
- Cinema 4D
- Cinema 4D 12 is now supported.
- Houdini 11 is now supported.
- Setting for LW 10 executable in plugin configuration now includes paths to ScreamerNet.exe.
- The output directory is now parsed from the scene file when submitting LW jobs from the Monitor.
- Errors related to sliders or buffer view in the scene file are now ignored.
- In Maya 2011, the priority setting for a dependent Tile Assembler job is now set properly.
- The integrated submission script now passes arguments to the main script instead of creating a temp file. This means that you will have to reinstall the integrated submission script for Modo. See the Integrated Submission Script setup section in the Modo section of the documentation for more information.
- A new python-based submission script for Nuke 6 is now shipped with Deadline. See the Integrated Submission Script setup section in the Nuke section of the documentation to install this script.
- Build To Force option has been added to the Monitor submission script.
- A cryptic error that occurs when file saving fails is now caught by Deadline.